The Stoney River Lodge is a spectacular North Georgia Mountain luxury cabin situated on the largest stretch of the Coosawattee River in the Coosawattee River Resort, located in the inviting North Georgia town of Ellijay.
- Bedrooms: 1,2 or 3
- Ellijay, GA
- Pool Table, private dock
This-top-of-the-line North Georgia cabin comfortably sleeps up to 14 people, which makes it a perfect option for large family gatherings, weddings, and corporate retreats. The king-size master bedroom has a private deck with two hammock swings and an amazing view of the Coosawattee River and the lovely North Georgia mountains. The master bedroom also has a tiled shower with double shower heads, while the main level bedrooms have two queen-size beds and one bunk bed, all with luxurious 400-count sheets. From the master bedrooms to the lofts and basement bedrooms, there is plenty of sleeping room for everyone.
While you’re in the North Georgia mountains, you’ll want to experience a real wood-burning fireplace. In this spacious cabin you can curl up by the fireplace or watch the big game on the 42” flat screen TV in the family area. Set out snacks on the large coffee table or play the board games and card games that come in the cabin. Or you can create your own fun in the game room that comes complete with both a pool table and a foosball table. The game room also has plenty of comfortable seating and a fireplace where you can cozy up at night.
Stoney River Lodge is a beautifully decorated three (3) bedroom, three (3) bath log home that sleeps up to 14 people and offers the following:
- Master bedroom: one king-size bed with luxurious 400-count sheets
- Master bathroom: tiled shower with double shower heads
- Children’s loft with two twin beds
- Main level bedroom: two queen-size beds and one bunk bed with luxurious 400-count sheets
- Basement level bedroom: one king-size bed and two sets of bunk beds with luxurious 400-count sheets
- Location on the widest part of the Coosawattee River
- One wood-burning fireplace on the main level, one gas-burning fireplace in the basement
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Covered porch, hot tub, fire pit, and propane gas grill
- Private deck off of master bedroom with two hammock swings and view of river
- Wireless DSL Internet
- Game room with satellite TV with network channels, DVD/VCR, pool table, foosball, board and card games, and books
- Private basketball court and horseshoe pit
- Bath essentials such as private label soap and shampoo, hair dryer, and thick towels
- Iron and ironing board
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Stainless steel appliances
- Granite countertops
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, and coffee maker
- Dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The kitchen is a haven for culinary creations and includes everything a cook could want to create mouthwatering meals, while the grill outside is available for those eager to fry up the day’s catch after a long day of fishing on the Coosawattee River. The kitchen features a beautiful stone island with rustic log bar stools and plenty of counter space. It’s outfitted with all the full-size stainless steel appliances you’ll need. The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
While the food is cooking, build up an appetite on the private basketball court and horseshoe pit. The covered porches are perfect for outdoor dining and the crisp North Georgia mountain breeze goes great alongside any meal. After dinner, head down to the fire pit that sits alongside the river to tell stories and roast marshmallows in the cool evening air. There is also a large dock overlooking the river that suits an after dinner social gathering. Sip on your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine in the hot tub and gaze out at the river flowing against the vibrant scenery of the majestic North Georgia mountains. Inside and outside, you’ll find beautiful spaces to relax and unwind with family and friends. With the setting of the scenic mountains and the sparkling water of the river, you’ll never want to leave!
Just 10-15 minutes from the cabin, downtown Ellijay has something special for everyone to enjoy, including specialty shops, restaurants, hiking trails, and horseback riding. If you’re up for some adventures, check out the zip lining, go whitewater rafting or kayaking down the Ocoee or Nantahala rivers, or maybe even head up to Morganton to play at Tank Town USA. If shopping is more your style, head into historic downtown Ellijay, which is filled with shops that encompass the true mountain culture and provide a delicious taste of the North Georgia vineyards and orchards. There are festivals, hiking trails, art exhibits, and antique shops that are sure to make you fall in love with Ellijay.
Rates & Fees
- Rate is $325 per night (plus tax) for 2 bedrooms (sleeps 8 people); each additional bunk room sleeps 6 (2 rooms available for total of 12 additional guests). Rate is $100 per bunk room, per night (plus tax); extra $20 per person, per night over 14, up to a total of 18 guests.
- Leaf Season (October into early November), Memorial Day weekend, Month of July, Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas through New Year’s Day rate is $350 per night (plus tax) as a two (2) bedroom.
- Cleaning fee is $225 (plus tax).
- $59 reservation fee
- 2-night minimum stay on non-holidays
- 3-night minimum stay for the New Year holiday, Memorial Day Weekend, Labor Day Weekend and Leaf Season
- Seven-night minimum stay for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Max of 5 vehicles
- Optional Amenities Pass to access the Rec Center, Tennis Court and Pools is $100. Pass will allow up to a maximum of 8 guests a day to use the amenities. Please contact our office for amenities rules and to pre-purchase a pass for your visit..
The cabin location is by far our favorite and we have stayed in several. We traditionally celebrate our Dad’s birthday in the mountains and this year was another great weekend celebrating him. The cabin added to the wonderful day with the peaceful ambience and serenity. The town of Ellijay was very quaint and we had the pleasure of celebrating Halloween in town. The drive to Blue Ridge and Helen was not bad as the Fall change was the scenery. Great Cabin and would definitely go back.~Guest Survey~October 2016
We were very satisfied with Stoney River Lodge. The cabin was very spacious and plenty of room for our entire group. The view was wonderful of the river and of course the hot tub was so relaxing. We also enjoyed the holiday festivities in Ellijay and Blue Ridge. We would definitely recommend Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals!~Guest Survey~December 2015
“Stoney River is a beautiful cabin right on the river. Morning Breeze has wonderful employees who were very helpful during the entire experience.” ~Guest Survey ~ June 2015
“Stoney River Lodge was very peaceful with the river running behind the cabin.” Our entire group enjoyed all the amenities including the fire-pit, basketball court and relaxing on the extra large dock ~Guest Survey ~ May 2015
“My family experience in Ellijay at Morning Breeze Cabin was a beautiful experience. Our first time renting cabins we rented two cabins side by side on the river, Stoney River, Hunter’s Lodge that were both beautiful inside and out we felt like royalty. They had everything you needed and more in them to make your stay nice, we can wait to come back next year. Some of the family said that this way the best rest they had in long time it was so peaceful in the mountains. We had a ball the kids went Zip lining, water rafting and tubing we saw wild life and deer were everywhere. Thank you Morning Breeze can’t wait until next year.” ~BBB Review~May 2015 ~ Barbara S.
“The Stoney River Lodge has such a great location and there was plenty of sleeping accommodations for everyone. The boys loved the basketball court and of course the hot tub was just wonderful to soak in everyday.”~ Guest Survey ~ September 2014
“Thank you for sharing this cabin with us for our family reunion, a great time was had by all!! The setting was gorgeous, the cabin was so roomy, everyone had plenty of space to stretch out whether it was on one of the porches, playing pool on the lower level or soaking in the hot tub just listening to the river.” ~ Review book ~ July 2014
“We had an amazing time at the Stoney River, it was beautiful and super spacious . The kids absolutely loved playing in the river and the adults enjoyed the hot tub. We can’t wait to come back again next year” ~ Review book ~ June 2014
Pets Always Stay Free! We allow up to 2 dogs with no size or weight limits or pet deposits! (Dogs only, no other pets allowed.)
Because we are truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food bowl and water bowl!
Note: There is a 2 pet limit.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due twenty-one (21) days prior to arrival date. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than twenty-one (21) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee. No refund offered for cancellations made twenty-one (21) days or less to arrival date.
All reservations will have a $59 reservation fee which will include a Damage Waiver that covers unintentional damages of up to $400 to the rental unit interior, exterior or surrounding property that may occur during your stay. Damages must be reported to Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals prior to check-out. Any intentional or unintentional damages that exceed $400 will be charged to the credit card on file. Damage Waiver does not cover damages that are done with full intention to cause damage to the property or a result of gross negligence or replacement costs for theft by you or your guests. Any non-covered repairs or replacement costs will be charged directly to the Guest credit card on file.