24 Sep 2017
Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals offers such amazing properties with incredible amenities that many of our guests are repeat customers. They have been visiting the Blue Ridge area for years and already have a good idea of what they want to do when they come to visit the Georgia Mountains. However, for many of our guests, this is a "first time" experience and they may not know where to find all the fun and exciting things to do, as well as be able to appreciate the history of this beautiful North Georgia city! The staff at Morning Breeze have compiled a list of several fun facts about Blue Ridge that we hope you enjoy!
- Let's start with the location, Blue Ridge is located just 90 miles north of Atlanta on I-575 and offers a beautiful scenic drive straight into North Georgia! Making this a super easy and convenient weekend trip for many people.
- Blue Ridge is located in Fannin County, Georgia and offers a vast area of scenery that you will not soon forget!
- Many of the early industries in Blue Ridge consisted of timber, agriculture, mining, and moonshine.
- Blue Ridge offers 12 waterfalls all within 30 miles from the center of downtown Blue Ridge.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains have one of the largest mixture of temperate climate plants in the world – second only to East Asia!
- Gilmer County (Ellijay, Georgia) produces more than half a million apples every season. That's a lot of apples!! It also hosts the famous "Apple Fest" every October. Don't miss it!
- With over 40,000 acres, the Cohutta Wilderness in Fannin County is the largest wilderness area east of the Mississippi River.
- Fun activities in Blue Ridge consist of whitewater rafting, fishing, hiking, zip-lining, kayaking, and much more!
- Blue Ridge offers farm-to-table restaurants, farmer's markets, vineyards, U-pick orchards, and drive-in theaters.
- Blue Ridge offers 16 different scenic self-driving tours with plenty of beautiful scenery to be viewed at any time of the year!
- Blue Ridge is famously known for their delicious BBQ! Check out our blog for other restaurant suggestions here: (insert restaurant blog)
- The famous Swan Drive-In is one of Georgia's three remaining drive-in theaters and offers an experience you will remember forever!
- Blue Ridge offers an equestrian feel as well! Jump on horseback and take a ride through the beautiful mountains on a self-guided or guided tour!
- Mercier Orchards is the largest and oldest-operating orchard in the Southeastern U.S. and it's located right here in Blue Ridge, Georgia. Stop in and try their fried pies, cider, or sign up for a wine tasting. Mmmmm, good!
- The Appalachian Trail begins at Springer Mountain in Fannin County.
- All Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals are pet-friendly. Check out our Instagram page of our furry guests loving their vacation.
- Around 1,300 residents call Blue Ridge home.
- There is a wonderful working Blue Ridge scenic railway that runs along the Toccoa River throughout the North Georgia mountains. This round-trip excursion is a great way to relax and enjoy the beauty of the season.
- Fly fisherman from all over the world visit Blue Ridge to attend Bill Oyster's bamboo fly rod workshops and fly fish during special times of the year.
- Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals offers many cabin rentals in Blue Ridge and Ellijay!
There you have it! We hope you enjoyed these fun facts about the Blue Ridge Mountains! If you have any fun facts you would like to share with us, please feel free to share them at firstname.lastname@example.org