4 Aug 2018
Blue Ridge, Georgia, is a great destination for families because of the many local restaurants, historic stops, festivals and events, and outdoor activities. There are dozens of things for families to do that will keep adults and kids of all ages happy and entertained. Whether you’re planning your first trip to Blue Ridge or you’ve been there a dozen times, you’ll probably discover something new on your next getaway to the mountains of North Georgia. If you need some help deciding what to do, read on. We have 25 great ideas for things your family should do in Blue Ridge!
- Hike along the Appalachian Trail.
- Take a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway.
- Pick your own fruit at Mercier Orchards.
- Be in two places at once – stand along the Tennessee/Georgia state line.
- Go mining for gems at The Lilly Pad Village.
- Go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River.
- Go fishing, swimming, and boating on Lake Blue Ridge.
- Take a horseback ride through the beautiful North Georgia mountains.
- Check out the Chattahoochee Fish Hatchery.
- Go tubing or kayaking down the scenic Toccoa River.
- Watch a new release and have a burger at the Swan Drive-In.
- Fly through the trees while zip lining with The Blue Ridge Canopy Adventure or Zipline Canopy Tours of Blue Ridge.
- Check out the fantastic views at Georgia’s highest mountain, Brasstown Bald.
- Choose your own pumpkin at Burt’s Pumpkin Farm in the fall.
- Play miniature golf at The Lilly Pad Village or Cohutta Cove Mini Golf.
- Enjoy the stars at the Rollins Planetarium at Young Harris College on the weekends.
- Watch a show at the Blue Ridge Community Theater.
- Get your adrenaline pumping while driving a tank or crushing a car at Tank Town USA.
- Tap your toes at Pickin’ in Horseshoe Bend Park in McCaysville.
- Enjoy the classic fair fun and food at the Georgia Mountain Fair.
- Chow down on chili at the Fire and Ice Chili Cookoff.
- Browse the booths at the downtown festivals, including Spring Arts in the Park, Blue Ridge Fall Fest, and the Holiday Art Show & Sale.
- Eat locally sourced foods at Harvest on Main in downtown Blue Ridge.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Cohutta Wilderness.
- Explore the historic stops in and around downtown Blue Ridge.
Incredibly, these are just a few of the dozens of things to do in Blue Ridge with your family. Throughout the year, the town hosts many events focused on food, fun, the arts, and more. The mountains, streams, lakes, wildflowers, trees, and wildlife offer fantastic scenery all year long. So no matter what time of year you’re in the area, and no matter what kind of vacation you want – relaxing or exciting, or a little bit of both – Blue Ridge, Georgia, can offer you just that. Get away from the everyday stresses and chores, take a break from technology, and enjoy a North Georgia vacation with your family. Also, be sure to check out our beautiful and comfortable North Georgia cabins while you plan. We have cabins that would be perfect for a family getaway, offering lots of conveniences for families. Enjoy comfortable beds, fully equipped kitchens, big screen TVs, pool tables, outdoor fire pits with seating, fireplaces, arcade games, rec rooms, Netflix access, sunrooms, indoor jetted tubs, screened-in porches, lake access, mountain views, lots of outdoor space, yards, and so much more.
Some are tucked peacefully away in the woods, and others are located just minutes from downtown, offering easy access to the many great restaurants, shops, and local attractions. As you plan, remember to check out our blog, which features recipes you can try in the cabin, upcoming events, festivals and fairs, travel tips, ideas for holiday fun, and more.